What is CNG?
CNG is Compressed Natural Gas. It is one of the best possible alternatives to liquid fuel like petrol and diesel. CNG is a mixture of Hydrocarbon used as automotive fuel when compressed at a pressure of 200-250 bar.
CNG is less pollutant compared to other fuels and oils and has high calorific value. The heat that it yields is also way higher. CNG is not only economical but also is available in abundance. It is rightly considered to be an environmentally “clean” alternative compared to other liquid fuels. It is made by compressing methane (CH4) extracted from natural gas. It is stored and distributed in hard containers, usually cylinders.
How CNG is beneficial?
- All petrol cars as well as diesel LCV, buses and trucks can be converted to run on CNG.
CNG enhances the life of the engine due to absence of various impurities and increases its life span.
- No special maintenance is needed for CNG system. Regular safety maintenance can give better performance and drivability.
- The cost of CNG is almost a third of the cost of Petrol in terms of calorific value resulting in substantial saving in fuel cost, and investment on the CNG kit is paid back in a short period.
- Carbon Monoxide emissions are reduced by 70% to 90% and Hydrocarbon emissions by 40% to 60% as compared to vehicles that use the conventional fuel like Petrol and diesel. Carbon Dioxide emissions, a cause for global warming, are also reduced significantly by around 10%.
- Corporate Organizations, firms, etc. can claim 100% depreciation on a CNG Conversion Kit as this is a pollution controlling equipment. Organizations that buy CNG Conversion Kits should consult their Income Tax Consultants and avail of the depreciation benefits.
- The basic engine characteristics of a vehicle are retained while converting it to run on CNG. The vehicle therefore is capable of running either on Petrol or on CNG at the flick of a switch on its dashboard.
- Natural gas is cheaper per equivalent gallon than gasoline (an average of 15% to 50% less than gasoline).
- Converting a gasoline-powered car to CNG requires only minor engine modifications. To learn more about converting your car, please contact us right away!